A list of 21 Irish beers to try this St. Patrick’s Day that are not Guinness. Contains 7 beers from Ireland and 14 Irish style USA beers. Post for those 21+ of age.
Tomorrow is St. Patrick’s Day! The main reasons I love this holiday is because one of our favorite local races is the weekend of it. Two it gives us an excuse to take our Irish Setter, Georgia out to the bar. She loves the endless amount of pets & never ending attention. While we take our “Big Red” out, something I always have to get is a Guinness. This may come as a surprise but I’m just as big of a fan to beer as I am cocktails. Fun fact: it actually wasn’t until I had a Guinness, that I started to enjoy beer! So while I love to sip on this classic staple of St. Patrick’s Day and I know a few out there who don’t. So if you’re not into dark beers or maybe you want to try something new this St. Patrick’s Day, I’ve compiled a list of 21 Irish beers to try that aren’t Guinness. The first 7 are going to be brews from or originally brewed in Ireland. The following 14 are Irish style beers found in the United States of America.
- Murphy’s Irish Stout
- Smithwick’s Irish Ale
- Porterhouse Brewing Company Oyster Stout
- Beamish Irish Stout
- Harp Lager
- O’Hara’s Irish Stout
- Kilkenny Irish Cream Ale
- Sam Adams Irish Red
- Magic Hat Bob’s First Ale
- Boulevard Brewing Company Irish Ale
- Thirsty Dog Brewing Company Irish Setter Red Ale
- Flying Dog Brewery Lucky SOB
- Tin Whiskers Brewing Company Irish Cream Stout
- Great Lakes Conway’s Irish Ale
- Harpoon The Craic Irish Red IPA
- Iron Horse Brewery Quilter’s Irish Death
- Goshen Brewing Company Irish Fog
- Finnegans Irish Amber
- George Killian’s Irish Red
- Breckenridge Brewing Company Nitro Irish Stout
- NOLA Irish Channel
Now you can be on the lookout for something new to try this St. Patrick’s Day! Though, I still think I might stick with my main squeeze, Guinness. We just have such fond memories. How are you celebrating St. Patrick’s Day this weekend?
A wild Irish lassie out in the snow for the first time. How couldn’t Georgia get pets with how cute she is?