Cotton Gifts For A 2nd Anniversary
Our second anniversary is coming up in two weeks! For a second anniversary, the traditional gift is cotton which can be a very tricky gift to get unique with. Last year for our first anniversary, the paper anniversary, I made B a map with a paper passport that took him all through the city of Houston. The theme was Places Like Other Places, and it was a really big hit. You can read about it here.
However this year I'm finding it a little trickier to come up with an idea that's as great as that one. Don't worry I have managed something and you will see it soon. Until then I thought I would share the other ideas I came up with that make equally as good gifts. I love using cotton as a clue to what a bigger gift will be. You'll find a lot of that. I'm excited about the idea of aprons and cooking classes! Let's get into it.
- Nice cotton staples like shirts, socks, shorts, dresses, ext.
- New cotton bedding to redecorate with.
- Art prints on cotton. B for my 20th birthday had a portrait of me with lyrics to the song Michelle by The Beatles (origin of my name) printed on cotton and framed. It's one of the most memorable gifts B has given me. This would be great for a wedding photo with an anniversary date.
- A monogrammed cotton blanket like this one off Etsy, here.
- A cotton beach coverup or beach shirt with travel itinerary for a beach vacation.
- Monogram custom bathrobes with appointments to visit a spa for the day.
- Fun chef aprons paired with a round of cooking classes.
- Find a county fair or carnival. Have a romantic date of playing games, riding the Ferris wheel, and of course eating cotton candy.
- Wanting to just eat out? Head to a place with the word Cotton in it. We have Cottonwoods here in Houston!
- An accent pillow case with your anniversary date on it.
- Perfume or cologne with fresh cotton undertones. Like this one from Marc Jacobs. Bonus points if you make your own perfume!
- Take Anniversary photos in a cotton field with rustic props in cotton based clothing.
- Football fan? How about tickets and a trip to see the Cotton Bowl?
- Grab cotton based canvases and gift a painting class!
- Turn a favorite place in the yard to a relaxing oasis. Using a cotton hammock, a fire pit, and funky plants. It's easy to make a space to relax in. I would pair it with books or a Kindle.
I hope you liked these unique second anniversary gifts ideas! What cotton anniversary based ideas can you come up with? I would love to know them down below!